Art Authority is displaying images longer than it should.
- Large images, or images from a slow site, can cause display times to be longer than expected.
Every time I run a show, it starts where it last left off. How do I get the show to start at the beginning?
- In Wall View, tap above the film strip to scroll it to the top, and then tap the first image.
- In Slide View, use the "go to first" control in the navigation bar to go to the first slide.
- Use Reset All Shows in the Art Authority pane of the iPad's Settings application.
- In Slide View, tap the gear icon, and then Reset Show.
I want to change a show's characteristics -- for example, how quickly it moves through images, or whether or not captions are displayed.
Some of the shows get errors, or do not display the images I'd expect.
- Be sure you've got an active Internet connection before running Art Authority.
- If your device was off and you turned it back on with Art Authority running, it's possible the Internet connection didn't come back up in time.
- The Web site on which the show is based could have changed. Try upgrading Art Authority for iPad, since a new show that fixes the problem could well have been created.
When I change application settings, they don't seem to take effect right away.
- When you switch to the iPad's Settings app, Art Authority keeps running. You need to quit and restart Art Authority for some setting changes to take effect. From the home screen, double-tap the home button, tap and hold on the Art Authority icon, and then tap the minus sign (-).
Some images have captions, and others don't.
- Not all images are supplied with captions. Art Authority displays them when available.
A show contains some amazing images, but there are no captions, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
- While an image is displayed in Slide View, tap the globe icon in the navigation bar, then tap View Image in Web Site, which will display the Web page on which the image is found. The Web page often has captions or other explanatory text. For more information on the general topic, tap the navigation bar's globe icon and then About This Topic, or just tap the "i" button.
- Use the Show Caption setting in show settings. If this setting is set to Never, choose another option.
The art in "Art Near Me" is nowhere near where I am.
- If you don't have a 3G iPad, the iPad determines where you are based on WiFi networks. In some rare instances it may do this incorrectly. Try moving to another nearby location or WiFi network if possible.
Some works display a question mark in Art Real Size, or have the Art Real Size button greyed out.
- A question mark is displayed, and the Art Real Size button is greyed, for works whose dimensions are not known, or are suspect and currently being investigated for correctness.
Some sharing options are missing from the Sharing popover.
- Mail, Facebook and Twitter all require that accounts be set up in the iPad's Settings app. On iOS 7, icons for those services won't even appear until accounts have been configured. AirDrop requires an iPad 4th generation or later (or iPhone 5), running iOS 7.
In the main room's Directory, I see a show called "Works with Videos", but when I run it, there are no video icons.
- Videos are not supported on iOS 5. You need to run iOS 6 or later.